Mylar® OL12 & OL12AF
Product DescriptionMylar® OL12 is a biaxially oriented polyester film with a heat-sealable coating on one surface and plain polyester on the other. Mylar® OL12 can be used for ready meals, where security of seal at room temperature is required. The product can be heat-sealed to itself, APET/CPET trays, polyester coated board and PVC. It seals in the range 140°C to 200°C, providing a strong seal at room temperature which becomes peelable when heated. Dual-ovenable ready meals sealed with Mylar® OL12 can be cooked at typically 220°C for 30mins, yet withstand temperatures as low as -70°C. Mylar® OL12AF has anti-fog incorporated into the heat-seal layer to minimise fogging during freezing, chilling and cooking. It can also be used to improve clarity, when ‘breathable’ products such as fresh vegetables are packed.
- Forms a strong seal when cold, but provides easy-peel after cooking
- Dual-ovenable over a wide temperature range
- Self-venting for steam release, during cooking
- Excellent anti-fog properties (OL12AF)
- Available corona treated on the plain surface for improved printability