Mylar® OL13 & OL13AF
Product DescriptionMylar® OL13 is a biaxially oriented polyester film with a heat-sealable coating on one surface and plain polyester on the other. The heat-seal surface is capable of sealing to rough or porous surfaces and to trays with preformed creases at the corners. Mylar® OL13 can be heat-sealed to itself, APET/CPET trays and polyester coated board. It seals in the range 140°C to 220°C, reaching full strength in one hour and provides a very strong seal at room temperature which becomes peelable when heated. Ideal for use as a lidding film, dual-ovenable ready meals sealed with Mylar® OL13 can be cooked typically at 220°C for 30mins, yet withstand temperatures as low as -70°C. Mylar® OL13AF has anti-fog incorporated into the heat-seal layer to minimise fogging during freezing, chilling and cooking. It can also be used to improve clarity, when ‘breathable’ products such as fresh vegetables are packed.
- Seals to rough or porous surfaces
- Dual-ovenable over a wide temperature range
- Forms a very strong seal when cold, but provides easy-peel after cooking
- Excellent anti-fog properties (OL13AF)
- Available corona treated on the plain surface for improved printability