Mylar® RL42 / RL42AF
Product DescriptionMylar® RL42 is a biaxially oriented polyester film with an EVA based heat-sealable coating on one surface and plain polyester on the other. It is typically used as a heat sealable lidding film for fresh refrigerated foods such as salads, produce and sandwiches. Mylar® RL42 seals in the range 120°C to 160°C (temperatures above 160°C PVdC, polythene and polystyrene. In cooking applications Mylar® RL42 is not suitable for conventional ovens and has temperature limitations when used in microwave ovens. The anti-fog properties of Mylar® RL42AF minimise fogging during freezing, chilling and cooking and also improves clarity when ‘breathable’ products such as fresh vegetables are packed.
- Ideal for use in sandwich packs
- Peelable seals when sealed to a wide range of substrates
- Excellent aroma and flavour barrier
- Good anti-fog properties with RL42AF
- Seals withstand the presence of acids and grease from products